Monday, January 17, 2011
NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS | Goodhart Photography, Northern Virginia Portrait and Family Photographer
So for Christmas my husband bought me Business Plan Pro software. I had so many plans to get that baby installed on my laptop and to have an epic plan in place to launch 2011.
But then I realized that in between a kitchen remodel, the holidays, and my recent trip to Thailand:
that my epic plan was just going to have to wait. I spent the last week in a jet-lag coma (12 hours time differential for Thailand) and only yesterday felt fully refreshed. That's when I realized that I can't actually find my business plan software, as I tossed it into a box with Lightroom 3 when the hardwood floors were being installed -- or maybe cleaning up for dinner Christmas Eve. But regardless, I still want to take this time to map out some broad, general business goals for 2011.
1. I resolve to pay my monthly sales tax on time. This goal actually encompasses a larger goal of business organization, because in order to pay my sales tax on time, I will have to have systems in place to track clients and payments.
2. I resolve to launch my wedding photography business.
I've spent almost a year second shooting weddings, and I just love it. Wedding photography encompasses all types of photography -- portrait, photojournalism, landscape/environmental, detail/macro -- and I get to do all this in beautiful settings surrounded by happy people.
3. I resolve to establish a permanent studio in my basement, rather than a make-shift one in my living room.
This will allow me to take clients in the winter, and offer my clients another option besides on-location portraiture.
4. I resolve to market my senior portrait photography business.
I love to photography high school seniors, as they are so creative and energetic and they want to look good.
5. I resolve to get a business plan written by February 4th. That gives me a few days to track down the software!
6. I resolve to blog at least 3 times a week. This also encompasses a goal of updating my blog and revising my website, combining the two into a blogsite.
So that's all for now. Hope all of your own dreams and resolutions come true in 2011!