Thursday, April 8, 2010

TIDAL BASIN AT DAWN | Goodhart Photography, D.C. Metropolitan area family photographer

P 20100403-IMG_9336-47

I got up at 5am last weekend to take these photographs! I drove down to Washington DC with a fellow photo club member. Unfortunately, I didn't have my tripod, but at least I had patience, fast lenses, and the willingness to sit on the wet ground and steady my elbows on my knees - turning myself into a tripod of sorts. I probably ruined my jeans but such is the pursuit of artistic photography....

P 20100403-IMG_9371-53

I didn't get many photographs of the blossoms, as my fellow photo club member had just gotten out of the hospital after three months (pneumonia and a sepsis infection) and still tired easily. So he was ready to go by 7, and it wasn't quite light enough to really capture the blossoms in all of their translucent white glory. As you can see, the sun's rays haven't really illuminated the branch below.

P2 20100403-IMG_9537-1

However, as I walked back to the car I noticed the beautiful forsythia and magnolias seeming to glow...

And this traditionally dressed couple apparently texting...

P 20100403-IMG_9533-65

My favorite shot of the morning is below...the colors in the sky were spectacular!

P 20100403-IMG_9453-1

No comments:

Post a Comment